The Tama DKP137MRK is 13" x 7” Kapur Snare from TAMA's Soundworks Collection.
The TAMA Soundworks Kapur snare drum is built from seven plies of select kapur — a heavy hardwood with a dark, oaky attack. Drummers found this snare robust and balanced, particularly in a recording environment, with a warm, dry voice that excels under close mics. Tuned low, this snare elicits a husky bark. But tune it tight and the DKP137 can muscle through the thickest mix. Precise rounded-outer bearing edges, and a set of TAMA Sound Arc hoops make it fast and easy to dial in a wide range of workable tones. Your snare is the heart of your kit. Power your backbeat with the TAMA Soundworks Kapur snare drum.
Thin 7-Ply Kapur Shell
At just 6mm thick, the TAMA Soundworks Kapur snare drum is full of life and possibility. Its shell is expertly formed from seven carefully selected plies of dense kapur wood. TAMA's proprietary bearing edges feature 45° inners and rounded outers for solid head contact with a good balance of openness and attack.
Sound Arc Steel Hoops
TAMA's Sound Arc flanged hoops are responsible for the classic open tone of the Soundworks Kapur. The edges of these 2.3mm hoops are bent inward to allow the natural tone of the kapur shell to shine.
- A dark and oaky snare drum that excels in the studio
- Built from seven thin plies of dense kapur wood
- Tune low for a husky bark
- Crank up for a dry, open crack
- 2.3mm Sound Arc steel hoops (8-lug) complement the natural tone of the shell
- Size (depth x diameter): 7" x 13"
- Type: Snare
- Shell (Depth x Diameter): 7" x 13"
- Shell Construction: 7-ply, 6mm
- Shell Material: Kapur
- Hoops: Sound Arc Hoops
- Color: Brown Kapur
- Finish: Matte Lacquer