**NOTE: This bass has a small nick on the back of the neck that can be felt. It is approximately 5mm.
To the newcomer, the multi-scale concept may appear a bit unusual, but the biggest surprise may be how comfortable players become within a minute or two of playing the instrument. The different fret-to-bridge distances enhance tonality, creating a better sounding bass.
- Bass Workshop - For more than 40 years, Ibanez has pioneered new frontiers in bass development, pushing the boundaries of conventional designs to bass players of all styles, affording new avenues of expression and creativity. This spirit of exploration has led to the creation of some of the most successful and popular production basses of all time. Following this same drive to bring new and relevant ideas to the musical forefront is what serves as the basis for this ongoing project, dubbed the Ibanez Bass Workshop. The impetus behind each one of these unique instruments comes from a desire by the Ibanez bass development team to satisfy the particular needs of many players. These inventions may not be for everyone, but for those who yearn to explore new sonic vistas through the medium of bass: The Ibanez Bass Workshop project may give you just what you're looking for.
- 5pc Jatoba/Walnut neck The 5pc Jatoba/Walnut neck provides tonal clarity and superior attack.
- Panga Panga fretboard Panga Panga features a beautiful wood grain which produces a tight low and mid range, along with a sharp attack on high end.
- Medium frets Medium sized frets enhance the accuracy of your notes.
- Poplar Burl top / Okoume body A stunning Poplar Burl top and an Okoume body provide bright and solid sound.
- Bartolini® BH2 pickups The Bartolini® BH2 pickups provide a tight bottom-end, punchy mid-range, and smooth response. The dual-coil style configuration maximizes articulation and a long blade pole piece widens the magnetic field, providing balanced string-to-string pickup response.
- Ibanez Custom Electronics 3-band EQ The Ibanez Custom Electronics 3-band EQ is our latest refinement on the concept of simple, straightforward, no-nonsense EQ control. The Boost and Cut for the Mid Control are each centered on slightly different frequencies, an innovation that delivers a preset range of the most favorable bass tones.
- MR5S bridge The MR5S bridge has adjustable saddles for variable string spacing by +/- 1.5mm, answering every bassist’s specific string spacing needs.
- EQ bypass switch (passive tone control on treble pot) The EQ bypass control offers precision tonal adjustments, including a switch to choose passive-only operation. When the EQ bypass is activated, the treble tone control knob becomes the global tone control for the passive circuit.
- 3-way Mid frequency switch The 3-way Mid frequency switch allow players to change the mid-tone between 250, 450, and 700 Hz.
- Multi scale Equalized tension helps to create a more ”alive”, open tone. But the design also improves player comfort. The multi scale construction ergonomically coordinates with the way a player's hand angles as it moves up and down the neck, facilitating quick, comfortable playing action.
• SRMS5 for Multi Scale 5pc Jatoba/Walnut neck • 901.7mm/35.5" scale at 5th string, 864mm/34" scale at 1st string • Poplar Burl top/Okoume body • Bound Panga Panga fretboard w/Acrylic special inlay • Medium frets • Bartolini® BH2 neck pickup • Bartolini® BH2 bridge pickup • Ibanez Custom Electronics 3-band EQ • EQ bypass switch (passive tone control on treble pot) • 3-way Mid frequency switch • MR5S bridge (16.5mm string spacing) • Black hardware • Factory Tuning: 1G,2D,3A,4E,5B • String Gauge: .045/.065/.080/.100/.130 • Recommended case: MB300C/LIST: $269.99
Warranty PC Sound is an authorized dealer of Ibanez instruments, so this instrument comes with the original 1 year warranty from Ibanez.
At PC Sound, we check out our instruments and provide a general setup prior to listing them online to ensure the instrument is in the best possible condition. However, sometimes a minor adjustment may be needed once it arrives to you due to changes in temperature, humidity, shipping, or individual preferences. If temperatures are very cold or hot, please allow your instrument to sit in the box or case for at least 24 hours to allow time for it to acclimate. If you have any questions, feel free to contact us, and we will get back to you as soon as possible.